3 Perks of Seeing a Holistic Dental Hygienist
A dental hygienist is a dental hygienist, right? Yes and no. All dental hygienists care for patients’ teeth with thorough dental cleanings every six months. However, a holistic dental hygienist brings more to the table with knowledge and expertise about natural and enhanced oral health techniques.
- Learn About DIY Holistic Dental Health
When you want to do more for your oral health at home beyond brushing and flossing, your holistic dental hygienist will be prepared to offer suggestions. He may recommend oil pulling, a remedy for reducing bacteria in the mouth, and can guide you in the proper technique and frequency of oil pulling so that you get the greatest benefit from the effort. Oil pulling:
- Has roots in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Uses substances like coconut oil or sesame oil to detoxify teeth and improve gum health.
- Can whiten teeth naturally, but only if done correctly.
- Is not a replacement for normal oral hygieneroutine.
- Is the cherry on top of good brushing and flossing habits.
- Get Tutorials on Modern Dental Tools and Technology
There are more tools available to clean your teeth than just a toothbrush and dental floss. Asking your holistic dental hygienist to explain the pros and cons of all those drugstore dental items will help you determine what’s best for your oral health.
Water picking is one dental technology that may baffle you until your hygienist gives you the scoop. Just like oil pulling is not a substitute for brushing and flossing, neither is water picking. This method can, however, augment your oral health care routine. While flossing gives you the mechanical action you need to remove plaque between the teeth, water picking is intended to flush bacteria away. The duo works together well to improve your oral health, and your holistic dental hygienist can demonstrate how to get the most out of your efforts.
Don’t hesitate to ask your hygienist about biocompatibility testing. These results combined with the condition of your oral health can be very telling about what your teeth, gums, and body need to be your best self.
- Learn About the Small but Impactful Efforts That Improve Oral Health
It’s often the little things that make the biggest difference (like flossing). Your holistic dental hygienist will let you in on secrets like the smart ways to drink water:
- Drinking water at room temperature aids in digestion, detox, and pain relief.
- Room temp water can stop headache pains, potentially eliminating the need to rely on pain relievers in pill form.
- Warm water breaks down food and aids in relieving constipation.
- Drinking warm water can help you lose weight and improve blood circulation.
- Warm water can even make you look rejuvenated and younger.
- Drinking room temperature alkaline water helps keep your body balanced.
Different water temperatures help your body in different ways. Cold water isn’t bad and sometimes it is downright refreshing and necessary, but cold water does shrink blood vessels and restrict digestion.
Here’s to Your Holistic Dental Health
At the International Center for Dental Excellence in Fort Lauderdale, we take pride in our holistic dental team, which includes talented and caring holistic dental hygienists (one has even created a sustainable herb garden in our office to help keep the air clean, supply a pleasant, natural aroma, and flavor our alkaline water). Sometimes it’s a change in your oral hygiene routine that can make all the difference in your oral health and overall well-being. Your hygienist and Dr. Yolanda Cintron will let you know for sure. Sometimes healthier restorations are necessary, like zirconium dental implants or non-mercury tooth fillings. Contact us today to make your appointment.