We welcome you to our sunny corner of southern Florida, and to the destination for equally bright, luminous, and vibrant smiles: The International Center for Dental Excellence. As your cosmetic dentist in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Dr. Yolanda Cintron, looks forward to applying her biological and holistic approach with the latest dental technologies and treatments to improve the appearance of that most prominent facial feature, safely and in a manner that enhances your health and wellbeing.
What makes for a great smile?
We appreciate that smiles are front and center. So, it is not surprising that the appearance of our mouths is often the first thing people notice, and the last thing that they remember. Certain characteristics contribute to a smile that gets noticed and remembered for all the right reasons:
- Color – Our teeth start as a “clean slate.” Over time, stains can build up that “age” our teeth. In turn, teeth that are more on the white (rather than the yellow) end of the spectrum are associated with youth and health.
- Symmetry – Facial symmetry and attractiveness go hand in hand. The same theory can be applied to smile design. The left side of your mouth should mirror the right for an even, harmonious appearance. Asymmetry appears in the smile as wide spaces, overlaps, and other irregularities that make teeth on one side of the face look smaller, bigger, or “different” from teeth on the other side of the face.
- Shape – Surface irregularities or unusual contours are among the characteristics that can detract from the appearance of your smile. Even with consistent oral hygiene and routine visits to Dr. Cintron’s office, wear and tear can result in chips and rough or jagged edges. Additionally, enamel may erode and take the tooth’s natural ridges with it (and reveal the yellow dentin layer underneath, see “color”).
Additionally, Dr. Cintron accounts for how your teeth look in proportion with your gums. One of the best things that you can do for yourself here is to take excellent care of your gum tissue. As gums pull away from the teeth due to disease, you may appear “long in the tooth.” Your teeth may look overly “tall” in comparison to the height of your gums.
Reveal your best smile!
While some characteristics are universally coveted, each smile makeover is unique. No one makeover is quite like yours. Plus, we can preserve those features that show off your character. It is you, only enhanced. Some of the treatments that Dr. Cintron may recommend include:
- Teeth whitening – This is one of the fastest ways to dramatically enhance your smile. Our center has many options to choose from, including in-office laser whitening, or whitening from the comfort of home with customized take-home dental trays or appliances, and powerful bleaching agents.
- Veneers – A “gold standard” cosmetic treatment, porcelain veneers may be used to cover up teeth that don’t respond to bleaching treatments; for instance, blueish or gray-hued stains caused by tetracycline use. Additionally, veneers can be used to cover up gaps, chips, and for tooth recontouring and resizing. Dr. Cintron offers Lumineers, which are an ultra-thin brand of veneers that preserve a maximum amount of tooth structure to accommodate the width of each veneer.
- Metal-free restorations – Portions of a worn or otherwise damaged tooth can be replicated and improved upon with non-toxic, tissue-friendly materials such as dental ceramics and composite resin. Depending on your needs and goals, Dr. Cintron may suggest healthy mercury-free white fillings, dental inlays or onlays (partial crowns), or full-coverage crowns.
Dr. Cintron is also a skilled and experienced oral implantologist. If you have gaps in your smile due to missing teeth, she can discuss tooth replacement with implants or cosmetic “conventional” options such as fixed bridges. Call (954) 945-7355 to schedule your consultation at The International Center for Dental Excellence in Fort Lauderdale, FL.