Metal-Free Dental Implants Can Restore Your Smile
Tooth loss can profoundly negatively impact the quality of life, often impeding the ability to eat and speak naturally. Over time, the jawbone will begin to deteriorate, affecting the appearance of the face and the health of any remaining teeth. Metal-free Zirconia implants from The International Center for Dental Excellence in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, are an optimal solution for replacing missing teeth. They can be used to replace a single missing tooth or serve as the foundation for bridges.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants replace a lost tooth root in the jawbone. Attached to the implant is an abutment that will connect the crown or bridge. Dental implants restore the loss of function caused by missing teeth and improve the smile’s appearance.
Why Choose Metal-Free Zirconia Implants?
There are several advantages to choosing metal-free zirconia implants over titanium implants.
- Highly biocompatible – Zirconia implants are made from a corrosion-resistant, biocompatible material, so there is no risk of degradation of the implant.
- Superior aesthetics – Zirconia implants are white, more aesthetically appealing than the visible gray edges left by titanium implants.
- Improved health – Clinical studies show that biocompatible ceramic implants such as Zirconia implants support a more natural blood flow to maintain good oral health in the gum tissue.
The Dental Implant Process
The process for metal-free zirconia implants begins with a diagnosis to determine if there is enough bone structure to place the implants safely. From there onwards, the steps are as follows:
- Implantation – The dentist will place the zirconia implant into the jawbone under local anesthesia.
- Healing – The implant is then covered and left for a healing period of approximately 3-6 months. During this time, the bone will fuse around the implant. A temporary restoration may be placed during this time.
- Restoration – Once the healing is complete, the dentist will place the abutment along with the final restoration (a crown or bridge)
- Care & Monitoring – Patients will need to practice good oral hygiene and maintain regular professional dental care to ensure the longevity of the implants and final restoration.
About Dr. Yolanda Cintron
As a biological cosmetic dentist, Dr. Yolanda Cintron for over 30 years has been creating the most beautiful smiles using the highest quality materials that will last a lifetime. Her expertise and professionalism have earned her the trust of patients, not only from Fort Lauderdale and surrounding areas in Florida but also from many other countries. Patients coming from around the world for her to create their new smiles and change their lives forever.
Connect with Dr. Yolanda Cintron on Linkedin