Replace missing teeth with natural-looking Dental Implants
If you are currently missing a tooth, you are among the 178 million Americans missing at least one of their teeth. When a tooth is lost, there are two options to choose from. Option one: you can choose to ignore the gap left by the tooth, only to face the side effects later on. However, since you are wise, you will go for option two and decide to replace your missing tooth. Nevertheless, which replacement option should you settle for?
While you can opt for dentures and bridges, dental implants are the best decision if you want to replace your teeth for life. At The International Center for Dental Excellence in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we offer dental implants that act and feel natural.
Benefits of dental implants
Dental implants are biocompatible posts that replace missing tooth roots. They are considered the gold standard for replacing missing teeth because they:
- Improve your confidence and self-esteem
- Improve your oral functionality
- Prevent bone loss
- Deter adjacent teeth from shifting
- Replace your teeth for life
- Act and feel like natural teeth
- Are easy to maintain
Dental Implants Before and After Results
What to expect during the dental implant procedure
Knowing the process beforehand is crucial if you want to get the best out of a dental procedure. This information eliminates fear, clears doubts, and helps you understand the benefits and objectives of the treatment. That said how is the dental implant process like? Our very own cosmetic dentist, Dr. Yolanda Cintron, shares what goes into the dental implant installation:
- ·Consultation: Before starting the implant installation, it all begins with a consultation with Dr. Cintron. Here, she explains the procedure and clears any questions you might have.
- Physical examination: Now that you have an idea of the procedure, your dentist examines your jawbone to determine if it is sufficient for a dental implant. If not, we recommend bone grafting, where healthy bones are harvested elsewhere and added onto your jawbone to give you sufficient bone density for the implant procedure.
- Surgery: This process involves the insertion of a biocompatible implant post into the jawbone. While this step might be invasive, we use anesthesia and gentle techniques to ensure the procedure is painless.
- Healing: After surgery, it may take about six months for the implant to fuse with the bone. The result is a firmly cemented implant post that acts like your natural tooth root.
- Crown installation: Finally, after your jawbone heals, we install an abutment and a crown to restore your tooth.
Implant dentist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
About Dr. Yolanda Cintron
As a biological cosmetic dentist, Dr. Yolanda Cintron for over 30 years has been creating the most beautiful smiles using the highest quality materials that will last a lifetime. Her expertise and professionalism have earned her the trust of patients, not only from Fort Lauderdale and surrounding areas in Florida but also from many other countries. Patients coming from around the world for her to create their new smiles and change their lives forever.
Connect with Dr. Yolanda Cintron on Linkedin