The following is a list of the best Dental information resources, articles and research web sites that we recommend…
Dr. Yolanda Cintron (drcintron.com)
For more information about Dr. Cintron, includes free newsletter.
Cosmetic Dentistry Information & Research:
American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
The world’s largest organization of cosmetic dental professionals. Learn how advancements in cosmetic dentistry can give you the smile of your dreams at affordable costs.
Periodontal (Gum) Disease Information & Research:
Connections Between Gum Disease and Other Health Problems
Research reviewed by the American Academy of Periodontology suggests that people with periodontal (gum) disease may be at higher risk for developing heart disease, stroke, uncontrolled diabetes, pre-term births and respiratory disease.
Heart Disease Risks and Periodontal Disease
Information on gum disease (gingivitis and periodontitis) and treatments (dental implants, scaling, planing, regeneration, tissue grafts, laser surgery) as well as a periodontist referral service.
Non-Toxic Mercury-Free Dentistry Information & Research:
Oral toxicity testing products and services and developing tests to aid in the diagnosis of neurological diseases.
Doctor’s Data, Inc. (DDI) a premier clinical laboratory with over 30 years’ experience, provides specialty testing to healthcare practitioners around the world.
DrHuggins.com is an educational resource designed to inform the public about alternatives to toxic dental materials.
Established in 1986 as Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratory, Genova Diagnostics has helped pioneer the field of laboratory functional testing.
International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT)
The IAOMT is a membership organization for dental, medical and research professionals who seek to promote mercury-free dentistry, and raise the standards of scientific biocompatibility in dental practice.
MELISA® is a revolutionary medical test which can determine whether patients are hypersensitive to metals in dental restorations or metallic bodily implants. For such patients, the symptoms can range from tiredness and pain to autoimmune diseases.
Mercury Free and Healthy, The Dental Amalgam Issue
The dental amalgam issue third addition
Bring back the public’s right to know the truth… What they have not told you.
Specific Articles and Resources
In this section you’ll find specific articles and resources related to holistic, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry.
- Neurologist Speaks Out About the Importance of Gut Health for Prevention and Treatment of “Incurable” Neurological Disorders
- The quality, quantity, and composition of the bacteria in your gut have enormous influence on your brain. Dr. David Perlmutter explores this phenomenon his new book, Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain-for Life. Dr. Mercola interviews Dr. Perlmutter in this article.
- Root Canals Contain Toxic Bacterium
- A new DNA study confirms that root canals contain toxic bacterium that may be the “root” cause of many diseases.
- Endurance Exercise Can Damage Your Teeth—Here’s How…
- Endurance athletes are at greater risk for dental problems than non-athletes. There appears to be two primary culprits contributing to this phenomenon: consuming large amounts of sports drinks, and breathing improperly during training, causing dry mouth.
- Sports drinks linked to permanent damage to teeth
- There is a progressive permanent loss of dental enamel from the acid in sports drinks. We recommend water instead.
- Can mercury fillings really poison you or is it just a scare story?
- Jameela Jamil, 29, is convinced dental work triggered health problems. Tests suggested she had high levels of mercury due to amalgam fillings.
- Gum Disease affects other parts of the body (video)
- Gum Disease has been linked to other systemic diseases such as cardiovascular disease and diabeties. This animation shows how such links are possible.
- 4 Simple Changes That Will Help You Cut Back On Sugar
- Removing sugar from your diet is the single most important step you can take to improve your health.