Safely removal harmful silver fillings and limit your mercury exposure with amalgam removal from Dr. Cintron.
If you’ve had a cavity repaired in the last 150 years, it might have been fixed with an amalgam filling. But did you know that silver and amalgam fillings contain mercury? Mercury is a toxin that has been identified as a serious environmental hazard. Your amalgam filling can expose you to low levels of mercury that can be absorbed into your tissues, bloodstream and lungs.
Before and After Photos:
Mercury exposure can cause serious and costly health problems including:
- Cardiovascular issues such as chest pain, or an altered or pounding heartbeat.
- Neurological disorders that can cause physical issues like seizures, muscle spasms and multiple sclerosis, as well as emotional problems such as depression, irritability and mental disorders.
- Collagen diseases that can cause joint pain, bursitis, lupus, arthritis and scleroderma.
- A weakened immune system that makes it easier to get sick and harder to get better.
- Allergies to food, the environment and chemicals
If you are concerned about your amalgam fillings and the impact they can have on your overall health, Dr. Cintron can help. She is an accredited member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) and International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine (IABDM) along with the experience, skill, and care to remove your silver or amalgam fillings safely and replace them with safe, beautiful, white non-mercury fillings. Your safety, care, and overall health is Dr. Cintron’s first priority. To avoid mercury exposure during your metal filling removal, Dr. Cintron follows a rigorous protocol.
This protocol includes:
- Using a non-latex rubber dam to isolate the teeth and reduce the level of mercury vapors that could get into your oral cavity and tissues.
- Providing oxygen masks during the procedure so that less mercury vapor is inhaled during the removal and the air remains pure.
- Keeping the amalgam filling cool after its removal, and cutting it into chunks so that less drilling is needed and the amount of vapors released is minimized.
- Using a high-volume excavator suction system to capture any mercury vapor and particles that may be released during the procedure.
Dr. Cintron cares about her patients and wants each of them to enjoy the benefits of non-mercury fillings. She was awarded a Certificate of Accreditation by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) and is well qualified to safely and effectively perform metal filling removals on all of her patients. Metal filling removal can have a great impact on your overall health, and you can feel confident that all of your fillings at our practice are completely without mercury. Here is some more information about mercury amalgam removal.
If you are interested in metal filling removal, or non-mercury fillings, you can come to our office to schedule an appointment. Or if you have any questions about metal filling removal, or our non-mercury fillings, you can call (954)627-1699. We would be happy to help. We look forward to performing your metal filling removal and helping our patients to have no mercury!