Zirconia dental implants create healthy, natural-looking smiles in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dental implants have become the gold standard in tooth replacement, usually preferred over bridges or dentures. Implant restorations feel natural and function like natural teeth because the implant becomes part of your body. Today, however, many people do not want metal (conventional dental implants are made of titanium) in their bodies. Dr. Yolanda Cintron offers a solution at The International Center for Dental Excellence in Fort Lauderdale, FL – zirconia dental implants.
Importance of tooth replacement
Since most adults have 28 to 32 teeth, you might wonder why replacing a missing one is so important. As a practicing holistic cosmetic dentist, Dr. Cintron understands that the impact of a missing tooth goes far beyond a gap in your smile:
- It allows other teeth to shift.
- Crooked teeth trap food debris and harbor harmful oral bacteria, increasing risk of tooth decay and gum disease – even if you brush and floss conscientiously.
- Missing teeth may also limit your diet, inhibiting nutritional intake.
Zirconia in dentistry
Zirconia is an extremely hard dental biomaterial. Mention of the minerals used in this element date back to biblical times, but it was not industrially processed until 1925, and improved in 1945. The medical community embraced zirconia for prosthetic devices like hip and knee replacement.
The white color and extreme strength of zirconia make it ideal for dental restorations – initially crowns and bridges. The first zirconia dental implant system was developed in 1987, and the technology continues to evolve.
Why people travel to Fort Lauderdale, FL for zirconia dental implants
Dr. Cintron is passionate about the benefits of ceramic dental implants:
- Non-metal dental implants look completely natural. The treated tooth and gum tissue above it do not have a gray cast. Even if gums recede later in life, there is no dark line at the margin.
- The one-piece design reduces time in the chair and number of procedures.
- Biocompatible zirconia teeth implants contribute to optimal bone integration, for a high long-term success rate.
- The material is hypoallergenic, removing risk of metal allergy or sensitivity.
- Zirconia is bioinert. It does not conduct heat or electricity, and it is corrosion resistant.
- The design and material inhibit bacterial growth, for improved gum health.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Cintron to learn more about zirconia dental implants. The number in Fort Lauderdale, FL is (954) 945-7355.